- Tue, 09 Feb 2016 21:40:53 +0000: Watch the Monroe Mayoral Debate Feb. 22 - Monroe - News
Candidates for Monroe mayor will debate Feb. 22. Sponsored by The News-Star, KARD-Fox 14 and the Monroe Chamber of Commerce. The program airs at 9 p.m.
- Tue, 09 Feb 2016 21:04:16 +0000: Coker addresses chamber about parish schools - Monroe - News
Ouachita Parish Schools Superintendent Don Coker updated community stakeholders on the state of education in parish schools Tuesday at a luncheon of the West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce.
- Tue, 09 Feb 2016 20:58:11 +0000: Instructors of the year named for North Delta Regional Training Academy - Monroe - News
Detective Christopher Turner, from the Monroe Police Department, was recognized as NDRTA’s Instructor of the Year for 2015.
- Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:41:52 +0000: Bill to raise teacher retirement age met with silence - Monroe - News
Rep. Barry Ivey, R-Baton Rouge, encountered an unexpected silence from the Teacher’s Retirement System of Louisiana’s Board of Trustees after he presented a plan to reform the state’s pension system.
- Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:20:17 +0000: Marion woman accidentally shoots herself - Monroe - News
A Marion woman was airlifted to a Shreveport hospital Monday after accidentally shooting herself in the upper chest.