- Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:47:06 +0000: Reports: U.S.-led airstrikes kill at least 250 ISIL fighters near Fallujah - Monroe - News
Airstrikes by the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State rocked the extremist group near the Iraqi city of Fallujah on Wednesday, killing at least 250 suspected militants and destroying at least 40 vehicles.
- Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:42:26 +0000: 5 things you need to know Thursday - Monroe - News
The biggest news to start your day.
- Thu, 30 Jun 2016 04:19:11 +0000: Internet sales tax proposal gets no love - Monroe - News
Three of the main Republican contenders for Louisiana’s U.S. Senate seat said Wednesday they oppose proposed federal legislation to require companies to collect sales taxes on Internet purchases
- Thu, 30 Jun 2016 02:42:43 +0000: Decision on change of venue in Stafford trial deferred - Monroe - News
A decision on whether to grant a change of venue in the case of one of the former Marksville Ward 2 marshals accused in the fatal shooting of a 6-year-old boy and the wounding of his father has been deferred until prospective jurors are questioned.
- Wed, 29 Jun 2016 22:34:11 +0000: UPDATE: MCSB continues internal battle - Monroe - News
The Monroe City School Board adjourned a contentious meeting around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday after a two-hour executive session.